portfolio
Saturday, March 29, 2008
I might've been bitching about my OJT and all, but I'm actually contemplating if I should consider being a graphic artist after I finish school. I was even going through classifieds. Most of them require the applicant to be a graduate of either advertising/fine arts/multimedia, etc.. though there are some that consider the course I graduated from.
I have no problems with my resume; it's up-to-date. I've never worked in my life, yet it's 9 pages long.
My problem is the portfolio. Although I have copies of the stuff I've done for my OJT (and before that), I'm not sure how or what kind of compilation it should be in. People suggest building a website. Maybe I should.
Sir [undisclosed] sent me an email earlier this afternoon, informing me of a job opportunity as a photoshop technician in a photography company. Again, it requires me to send sample work (of course). Retouched photos? Sounds vague to me. Does it mean strictly enhanced photos, or do manips and graphic design-related works count?
If (most likely) the enhanced photos... I think I would need my (and my camera's) favourite model for that.
-ahempokepokeahem-
I'll treat you to dinner + coffee in return...? :D
Anyway, back to my reading.
I have no problems with my resume; it's up-to-date. I've never worked in my life, yet it's 9 pages long.
My problem is the portfolio. Although I have copies of the stuff I've done for my OJT (and before that), I'm not sure how or what kind of compilation it should be in. People suggest building a website. Maybe I should.
Sir [undisclosed] sent me an email earlier this afternoon, informing me of a job opportunity as a photoshop technician in a photography company. Again, it requires me to send sample work (of course). Retouched photos? Sounds vague to me. Does it mean strictly enhanced photos, or do manips and graphic design-related works count?
If (most likely) the enhanced photos... I think I would need my (and my camera's) favourite model for that.
-ahempokepokeahem-
I'll treat you to dinner + coffee in return...? :D
Anyway, back to my reading.
