productive?
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Well, last night I was reading an eBook copy of The Digital Photography Book and thought that maybe I've been drawing (or reading) too much lately, I've neglected my "son", the Canon PS A640. I suddenly felt guilty and eager while I was going through the portfolio of various photographers. Guilty because I haven't been spending time with my favourite baby. Eager because I've decided that (since my cousin is coming to visit), I'm gonna ask if she can get me auxiliary lens (HD macro and HD wide angle) for my baby; grad present, you know. Hopefully.
So went to school today after much debate between my conscience and the shoulder devil if I should play hooky. I ended up staying. Having a conscience is inconvenient.
Been pretty busy these past few days. Monday, I made the 4ft x 10ft Sportsfest banner in five hours. Yesterday, I made 21 ID's; one for each campus coordinator and one for each sport coordinator.
Put in a lot of work making graphics for an event in which I'm not even going to attend. Heh.
Today, I had to paint the "pep squad"'s flag. Since they named themselves as the Blazing Phoenix (campus was assigned the color orange this year) and to save myself the trouble of coming up with a design, I pinned the large banner to the wall and sketched a phoenix in a tribal design.
It kinda irked me because we don't have any orange paint; so I had to mix yellow and a very dark brick red. It came out kinda dark, but since I checked if there was a team assigned the color brown (none, thankfully), I stuck to it.
And, it's not even acrylic paint -- it's paint.
At least the brushes were nice. But I started growling when I saw one of the brushes submerged in water and left unattended. You do not do that to brushes, dig?
I painted on a thin, white fabric. (Sorry, picture's a bit dark - I took it using my phone) I painted for a good six hours until I was satisfied with the base coating. The dancers came in when I was adding shadows to the painting.
One - I don't know if it was deliberate - asked if that was a freaking duck. I just retorted that it's for them since they're my children (I'm the organization's president). At least the others liked it. But after they are done with it, I'm to keep it, thanks.
While I worked, they distributed the uniforms and the shoes. When I went to the restroom to clean the brushes I used, the girls were complaining about the uniforms because they were tight, tiny and their ass shows whenever they do anything but stand; a predicament since they'll be doing everything but stand still, during their performance.
When I visited the room where they were getting ready to practice, the members of the basketball team (back from today's SportsFest at Amoranto -- 0 wins, 2 loses. first day, byebye eastwood basketball team) were howling with laughter at the male dancers, because the latter are bulging noticeably in places not accessible to public. Even their choreographer retorted that they should wear supporters, unless they want their "balls to be bouncing all over the place". I hit his shoulder. My poor children.
During practice, they couldn't concentrate. They were too busy pulling up their tights and tugging on their tops.
Here's a picture of them:

The cheerdance competition will be held this friday at the Amoranto stadium. I think I'll go watch. That is, when I figure out how to get there and come back.
So went to school today after much debate between my conscience and the shoulder devil if I should play hooky. I ended up staying. Having a conscience is inconvenient.
Been pretty busy these past few days. Monday, I made the 4ft x 10ft Sportsfest banner in five hours. Yesterday, I made 21 ID's; one for each campus coordinator and one for each sport coordinator.
Put in a lot of work making graphics for an event in which I'm not even going to attend. Heh.
Today, I had to paint the "pep squad"'s flag. Since they named themselves as the Blazing Phoenix (campus was assigned the color orange this year) and to save myself the trouble of coming up with a design, I pinned the large banner to the wall and sketched a phoenix in a tribal design.
It kinda irked me because we don't have any orange paint; so I had to mix yellow and a very dark brick red. It came out kinda dark, but since I checked if there was a team assigned the color brown (none, thankfully), I stuck to it.
And, it's not even acrylic paint -- it's paint.At least the brushes were nice. But I started growling when I saw one of the brushes submerged in water and left unattended. You do not do that to brushes, dig?
I painted on a thin, white fabric. (Sorry, picture's a bit dark - I took it using my phone) I painted for a good six hours until I was satisfied with the base coating. The dancers came in when I was adding shadows to the painting.
One - I don't know if it was deliberate - asked if that was a freaking duck. I just retorted that it's for them since they're my children (I'm the organization's president). At least the others liked it. But after they are done with it, I'm to keep it, thanks.
While I worked, they distributed the uniforms and the shoes. When I went to the restroom to clean the brushes I used, the girls were complaining about the uniforms because they were tight, tiny and their ass shows whenever they do anything but stand; a predicament since they'll be doing everything but stand still, during their performance.
When I visited the room where they were getting ready to practice, the members of the basketball team (back from today's SportsFest at Amoranto -- 0 wins, 2 loses. first day, byebye eastwood basketball team) were howling with laughter at the male dancers, because the latter are bulging noticeably in places not accessible to public. Even their choreographer retorted that they should wear supporters, unless they want their "balls to be bouncing all over the place". I hit his shoulder. My poor children.
During practice, they couldn't concentrate. They were too busy pulling up their tights and tugging on their tops.
Here's a picture of them:

The cheerdance competition will be held this friday at the Amoranto stadium. I think I'll go watch. That is, when I figure out how to get there and come back.
