fanfics
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Since I ran out of books to read, and the one book I did choose (LAMB -- Christopher Moore), had me snoring before I reached page 10, I turned to the things I read when I get bored and utterly desperate: fanfics.
Some are okay.
Some I actually liked.
Some are terrible; cliche and not to mention that spelling and grammar are steadily deteriorating. Though I'm (at times) a sap, I'd rather not read something that has more cheese in it than a pizza should.
Some fanfics (of my preferred ships) offer the same premise and it gave me something to muse about. Said premise starts with them being friends and eventually... eh, you get the idea. In stories, they make it so fairy tale-esque; happy endings, et al.
Application in "real" life?
Past all the loffly implications, falling for a friend (especially) is dangerous territory and most people try to avoid it.
-shrug- Just a thought that occurred to me.
I think I'll read some more. I miss my ships. Heh. Maybe... hopefully... I'll end up writing. :]
On another note, I really need to visit FullyBooked after Holy Week (GAH, it's only Thursday! ;_;). I wanna check if they have The Vintner's Luck (Elizabeth Knox) and a bunch of other titles I've listed down.
Some are okay.
Some I actually liked.
Some are terrible; cliche and not to mention that spelling and grammar are steadily deteriorating. Though I'm (at times) a sap, I'd rather not read something that has more cheese in it than a pizza should.
Some fanfics (of my preferred ships) offer the same premise and it gave me something to muse about. Said premise starts with them being friends and eventually... eh, you get the idea. In stories, they make it so fairy tale-esque; happy endings, et al.
Application in "real" life?
Past all the loffly implications, falling for a friend (especially) is dangerous territory and most people try to avoid it.
-shrug- Just a thought that occurred to me.
I think I'll read some more. I miss my ships. Heh. Maybe... hopefully... I'll end up writing. :]
On another note, I really need to visit FullyBooked after Holy Week (GAH, it's only Thursday! ;_;). I wanna check if they have The Vintner's Luck (Elizabeth Knox) and a bunch of other titles I've listed down.
