pain
Sunday, March 16, 2008
So freaking traumatized.
When I feel that I had bitten something that resembled like a stone, I turn cold and my heart stats to palpitate because I know just happened, exactly: my tooth shattered.
Like earlier. I was minding my own business, chewing my food using the teeth on the right side of my mouth, when I suddenly paused because I felt as if I started chewing gravel. Quickly, I spat out my food and even went through it. To confirm my suspicions, I saw the fragments and I made a quick inspection of my mouth using my tongue. Sure enough, I can feel a crater-like hole in the middle of my tooth.
I think it's the filling that came off, because I didn't feel anything - no pain, no blood.
For now.
Unfortunately for me, I have the shittiest set of teeth. Ever since I was a kid, I've been having such traumatizing experiences with them, that it nursed my phobia of dentists.
My fear of dental surgery is as great as my fear of open water. My brothers find this hilarious (...bastards). They even imitate the sound of the drill. The sound of wood cracking/breaking reminds me greatly of having one's tooth pulled out; it sounds exactly the same. I effing hate going to the dentist. I go there for cleaning, I come out with several fillings. I go there for fillings, I come out with a few teeth missing.
I even nearly fainted once, when I saw the bloody, gaping hole where a tooth - my tooth, to be exact - used to be.
I don't tell people of toothaches. I make excuses whenever they go to the dentist.
Sometimes, I even dream of my teeth shattering. ;_; How's that for paranoid?
But I think I'd better set up an appointment before this gets worse. No more solid food for me until then. Makeshift diet right there. Heh.
When I feel that I had bitten something that resembled like a stone, I turn cold and my heart stats to palpitate because I know just happened, exactly: my tooth shattered.
Like earlier. I was minding my own business, chewing my food using the teeth on the right side of my mouth, when I suddenly paused because I felt as if I started chewing gravel. Quickly, I spat out my food and even went through it. To confirm my suspicions, I saw the fragments and I made a quick inspection of my mouth using my tongue. Sure enough, I can feel a crater-like hole in the middle of my tooth.
I think it's the filling that came off, because I didn't feel anything - no pain, no blood.
For now.
Unfortunately for me, I have the shittiest set of teeth. Ever since I was a kid, I've been having such traumatizing experiences with them, that it nursed my phobia of dentists.
My fear of dental surgery is as great as my fear of open water. My brothers find this hilarious (...bastards). They even imitate the sound of the drill. The sound of wood cracking/breaking reminds me greatly of having one's tooth pulled out; it sounds exactly the same. I effing hate going to the dentist. I go there for cleaning, I come out with several fillings. I go there for fillings, I come out with a few teeth missing.
I even nearly fainted once, when I saw the bloody, gaping hole where a tooth - my tooth, to be exact - used to be.
I don't tell people of toothaches. I make excuses whenever they go to the dentist.
Sometimes, I even dream of my teeth shattering. ;_; How's that for paranoid?
But I think I'd better set up an appointment before this gets worse. No more solid food for me until then. Makeshift diet right there. Heh.
