<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8079991839760377076?origin\x3dhttp://carouselhazard.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FREAKING GIFT TO HUMANITY.
evolution spent too much time on me; what's your excuse?


diner dash.

Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm currently addicted to the Diner Dash game that a friend of mine installed into my mobile phone. I just can't get past level nine though. Stupid, lousy tips.

You have to make sure customers are seated, take their orders, serve their food, give them the bill and clean up the tables. You don't serve just one or two customers either. It gets crazy. But that doesn't mean I find the career as a waitress to be appealing. Heh. No way.
Likewise, you won't ever see me as a call center agent or a nurse or a caregiver.

Sure, your salary's a deciding factor, and I'm sure a nice salary would make you feel better, but you also need to consider that day in and day out, you'll be repeating the same routine until you crack, or worse. Could you handle that? But not everybody is lucky enough to land a job they like.

Although an IT major, I don't want to end up as a living computer. I don't want to program or encode documents all day. I'm already jaded enough as it were without the seemingly meaningless desk jobs. I'd rather be dirt poor, at least I'll be doing something I even remotely like.

Though if we're talking about computers, I don't think I'd mind being involved in IT-related advertising. That's actually my dream job at the moment.

I wouldn't mind writing, either. If only. Sigh.

It occurred to me that it's already November. By this time next year, I should be working. Life of a bum is appealing. Who doesn't want to spend the day doing nothing but sleeping, eating, going out or watching TV or whatever works? It's nice in small doses. I should know. I was one for almost half a year. But I don't want to be idle for another six months; I get bored too easily. And being idle makes my brain rot, I end up having breakdowns because of the lack of people to interact with, or the lack of brain fodder. I end up being lazy and dumb. I'd rather work as a teacher, have migraines and deal with ungrateful students. At least I'm doing something.
And at least I'll have a job.

If something better comes my way, why not? But I think I'll try teaching first.

And oddly enough, I don't think it would bother me to say that I'm a teacher. Teachers are mentors. And I've known a few great teachers. Hm.

No, I don't think a teacher's life is easy. I'm a student and I'm close to several faculty members; I've seen both sides. Overworked, unappreciated teachers dealing with lazy, ungrateful students who lack critical things such as common courtesy and brains.

But I think I have to learn how to be nice and get over my misanthropic tendencies or phobia of large crowds. Not push-over nice, but I need to get along with people at the very least if I want to keep my job; it's a requirement anywhere. Considering I know the nature of the school I'll be returning to, students have more power than the faculty or the administration. I don't think anybody has beaten the record (a year) of keeping the title as the English teacher.

We'll see if I last, or if I'll end up running away, screaming like most of them had.

leave a comment