<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8079991839760377076?origin\x3dhttp://carouselhazard.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FREAKING GIFT TO HUMANITY.
evolution spent too much time on me; what's your excuse?


i like making lists.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

My brother, earlier, was evaluating me as a person, and whether my friendster profile actually has truth in it. It does, by the way, as he begrudgingly concluded. He found this particularly interesting: a greedy bibliophile... splurges on books. And yes, he agreed that that is pretty much who I am.

I'm a simple person, methinks. So much so, I think I'm actually not all that interesting. I am quirky, though, as several testimonials from my friends indicate.


TEN THINGS ABOUT YOURS TRULY

1. I value my sleep very much.

I'm anemic; I need my sleep. I even have to check my eyes if they start showing obvious signs of having a low blood count. If so, I take in some meds and sleep for as long as I could. Sometimes - okay, most weekends - I only wake up to eat and bathe. Besides, who doesn't love sleep? With the things and people I have to put up with at school, the primary consolation is a few hours of rest, that too much to ask for?


2. When bored/fed up with present company, I become extremely irritable to the point of being bitchy, snarky, borderline rude and alarmingly vindictive.

This isn't new at all. I have a temper; I even have a rage outlet muse. My brother asked me to define "vindictive". My answer: it's when they make the mistake of offending me, and then I start plotting their demise. :] I snap and I don't care who I snap at so don't push me to that level.
Tip: chocolate does wonders to soothe the raging temper.


3. I write or read to stay sane; momentum is of utmost importance.

I try to write as much as possible. I enjoy it. If I'm unable to write, I read as much as I could. I'd love to do both, but most of the time, it's only one or the other. Sigh.


4. I may be schizophrenic (or with multiple personalities).

I have.. erm... muses in my head. I've narrowed them down to 13, with varying degrees of familiarity. 7 of these are the strongest: The Lady, The Ice Block, The Rage Outlet, The Misanthrope, The Siren, The Shadow and The Muse. The remaining ones are mostly stems from the main circle. I don't blame role playing, but it's probably why the voices are stronger. Sometimes when left alone, I kinda hear conversations in my head. And I use this to my advantage; to write, I need to hear the conversation and see it in my head, if possible. Don't ask. Maybe I'll elaborate on it one day.


5. I'm a workaholic when motivated.

It's not so much as an incentive, but at times I work like a car: I need fuel to run. Maybe it's the sight of the reward at the end, maybe because of the feeling, maybe I want to prove something to somebody or even a Spartan-worthy idea of glory. Either way, for as long as I actually like what I'm doing, I'll keep doing it no matter how exhausting.


6. I'm a slacker when not.

Slacker, procrastinator... you know, the full subscription. I adopt a very Kuzco-esque demeanor; the whole "don't-know-don't-care" attitude. This is usually due to exhaustion or foreseen disappointment/failure.


7. I don't watch TV, but I do watch TV shows on the computer.

No, honestly. I don't watch TV. I watch the news though, while I'm eating dinner, then afterwards, I return to ignoring the box (I'm convinced that the TV aka the box is Pandora's Box, article in progress). Instead, I meticulously download and watch the following: Heroes, House, Lost, Reaper, Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, Chuck. Rediscovered love for Wonderfalls, by the way. I still don't understand why they cancelled it. Heh. Stupid ratings and equally stupid, unappreciative audience.


8. I don't talk much.

For several reasons. Too shy, too enrapt in listening, got nothing to say or not interested in talking, holding back unpleasant things... et al.


9. I'm either very lucky or not; there's no middle ground.

very self-explanatory, this.


and most importantly...


10. I punish those who disrespect books in front of me.

Yeah, out of pure paranoia caused by books not being returned to me, I've long decided that I should keep an inventory of my collection. Not the entire collection, I'm afraid as I haven't gotten around to unpacking the classics I've accumulated over the years. Also, when some expressed interest in borrowing my books, I let [anonymous] outline the rules for book borrowing and consequences:

Rule 1. Damage its spine, I'll break yours.
Rule 2. Bring it back the way I left it to you.
Rule 3. Stains, folds, or any other form of desecration is punishable.
Rule 4. Damage it, replace it.
Rule 5. Lose it, you're dead.
Rule 6. You'd better return it, or leave the country.

The 411.

leave a comment