sigh.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Two updates today. Not bad. Anyway, I thought that I should list this down. I have the same list at my LiveJournal account, but I have to browse for it and it's usually such a hassle to do so... ahem, so according to this list of subjects:
I am almost there. YAY. My schedule for next term is as follows:
MWF (* WF only)
10:40 - 12:00 -- Human Computer Interaction
02:20 - 03:40 -- Calculus
05:30 - 07:30 -- Principles of Accounting*
TTh
10:00 - 12:00 -- Filipino 2
01:00 - 03:00 -- Object Oriented Programming Concept
03:00 - 05:00 -- Adv. Java
... Math-oriented every MWF and programming every TTh. Eesh. And top that off with Thesis B and 400 Hours of OJT. Do I still have some soul left...? Might need to auction that off to the highest bidder; whichever one will keep me alive until December.
OJT. I was offered a placement at school. A placement as a teaching assistant, originally. I already talked to some people and arranged my schedules so that it won't conflict with the two ENG123 (Expository Writing) classes. Until I found out that, due to poor evaluation our supposed English teacher is to be replaced by trainers from Magister. I doubt it very much if they'll honour the arrangements I've made with some of the higher authority, since this is a separate company. Ergo, I might as well forget it; I don't think I'll be allowed to teach or even watch.
No, I do not want to encode reports all day.
No, I do not want to make calls to people.
No, I don't think it's smart for me to teach lab subjects (I've tried this. I nearly tore my hair out.)
I'm pretty miffed with this arrangement, if truth be told. Because from ENG123 is where I originally intended to form my newspaper's editorial team. With me as a co-teacher, I'll have some authority over these students.
And speaking of the newspaper, this term I am absolutely hellbent on getting things done. I would probably need to talk to higher authority. If they can't give me a decent adviser, I'm separating my newspaper from the talent org (I still have no idea why they combined these two in the first place) and I will lead it myself if I have to.
Since January, I've been acting as it's editor-in-chief, writer, photographer, graphic artist, layout artist, and even it's adviser.
That's already ONE TEAM, but I'm only ONE PERSON.
I don't even care if they give me funds anymore. I'm happy with doing my own printing and posting it on the damn bulletin board - but from last term, they can't even let me do that. Gads, I don't even give a shit if it's posted on the bulletin board, and supposedly sayang lang as long as it's up for people to see. And you dare ask me how come I don't have anything to show you? And you have the gall to look surprised when I informed you that I am literally the only one working on this school publication.
Hell, maybe I should name it after myself!
I was pretty scathing a few days ago to my latest ex-adviser (Ducky) when I saw him cleaning his desk and tucking away the article (in pdf form) I printed and asked if he can get the approval of the Acad Head, the Dean et al., for posting. I nag every day. But nope.
ME: ... That was never posted.
HIM: But I'm keeping it.
ME: I never made it for you to keep, I made it so it can be posted and read.
Not meaning to be a total bitch, but I am angry. Angry, disappointed, frustrated... which is probably why I'm pretty productive with my writing today. This publication is gnawing at my insides, just seeing the state of it and the lack of support I am getting. If they can't give me an adviser, or atleast grant me official authority as one so I'll be able to create a team and post, then forget about it. I'll just practice my own writing. I don't see why I should spend futile effort in maintaining a newspaper that never had any support to begin with.
Now excuse me, while I go cry over this.
ENG113 English 1[90.9]FIL113 Fil 1[97.2]HU111 Humanities[90.9]ST109A Computer Applications 1[100]CS111 Computer & Info Processing[89.16]CS112 Program Design[82.28]CS113 Mathematics for Computing[75.2]PE1 Physical Fitness 1NSTP1 Nat. Service and Training Program[97.8]ENG123 Expository Writing[1.5]
FIL123 Fil 2GE113 Algebra & Trigonometry[91.33]CS115 C Programming (intro)[89.81]CS114 Web Development[93.44]GE117A Physics[90]PE2 Rhythmic ActivitiesNSTP2 Nat. Service and Training Program[93.5]GE115 Literature[1.5]GE114 General Psychology[83]GE117 Environmental Science[97.72]CS217 Data Modelling / Relational DB Design[88]CS153 Java (intro)[94]ST109B Computer Applications 2[91.90]GE112 Philosophy and Logic[93.77]CS254 Logic Design[89.96]ENG213 Speech & Oral Communication[]CS221 Operating Systems[85]CS215 C Programming (adv)[88]CS154 Data Structures & Algorithm[88.87]CS212 Computer Architecture & Organization[]GE118 Analytic Geometry[]CS222 Programming Language[]PE3 Individual & Dual SportCS218 Discrete Mathematics[91]GE213 Statistics & Probability[96.94]ST109C Visual Basic[85.50]
BA212 Principles of AccountingCS116 Structured Query Language (SQL)[86]
CS214 Computer Programming (adv. Java)
CS255 Object Oriented Programming Concept
PE4 Team SportsENG223 Technical Writing[89]GE116 Professional Ethics & Values Education
GE119 CalculusCS163 Computer Networking[87.38]CS213 Data Communication[91]CS115 Multimedia Technology[90]CS211 System Analysis & Design[97.09]CS219 Information Management[]CS164 Networking Administration & Security[87.03]CS216 Intro to Oracle/Advanced SQL[]CS213 Software Engineering[89.90]CS220A Thesis A: System Development 1GE313 Rizal[97.96]
CS220B Thesis B: System Development 2CS165 Quality Control & Management[79]GE120A General Economics & TLR[?]GE120B Politics & Governance[99.05]
GE123 Human Computer InteractionCS160 eCommerce[89]
OJT414 On-The-Job Training (400 Hours)GE412 IT Trends, Issues and Seminar[98]
I am almost there. YAY. My schedule for next term is as follows:
MWF (* WF only)
10:40 - 12:00 -- Human Computer Interaction
02:20 - 03:40 -- Calculus
05:30 - 07:30 -- Principles of Accounting*
TTh
10:00 - 12:00 -- Filipino 2
01:00 - 03:00 -- Object Oriented Programming Concept
03:00 - 05:00 -- Adv. Java
... Math-oriented every MWF and programming every TTh. Eesh. And top that off with Thesis B and 400 Hours of OJT. Do I still have some soul left...? Might need to auction that off to the highest bidder; whichever one will keep me alive until December.
OJT. I was offered a placement at school. A placement as a teaching assistant, originally. I already talked to some people and arranged my schedules so that it won't conflict with the two ENG123 (Expository Writing) classes. Until I found out that, due to poor evaluation our supposed English teacher is to be replaced by trainers from Magister. I doubt it very much if they'll honour the arrangements I've made with some of the higher authority, since this is a separate company. Ergo, I might as well forget it; I don't think I'll be allowed to teach or even watch.
No, I do not want to encode reports all day.
No, I do not want to make calls to people.
No, I don't think it's smart for me to teach lab subjects (I've tried this. I nearly tore my hair out.)
I'm pretty miffed with this arrangement, if truth be told. Because from ENG123 is where I originally intended to form my newspaper's editorial team. With me as a co-teacher, I'll have some authority over these students.
And speaking of the newspaper, this term I am absolutely hellbent on getting things done. I would probably need to talk to higher authority. If they can't give me a decent adviser, I'm separating my newspaper from the talent org (I still have no idea why they combined these two in the first place) and I will lead it myself if I have to.
Since January, I've been acting as it's editor-in-chief, writer, photographer, graphic artist, layout artist, and even it's adviser.
That's already ONE TEAM, but I'm only ONE PERSON.
I don't even care if they give me funds anymore. I'm happy with doing my own printing and posting it on the damn bulletin board - but from last term, they can't even let me do that. Gads, I don't even give a shit if it's posted on the bulletin board, and supposedly sayang lang as long as it's up for people to see. And you dare ask me how come I don't have anything to show you? And you have the gall to look surprised when I informed you that I am literally the only one working on this school publication.
Hell, maybe I should name it after myself!
I was pretty scathing a few days ago to my latest ex-adviser (Ducky) when I saw him cleaning his desk and tucking away the article (in pdf form) I printed and asked if he can get the approval of the Acad Head, the Dean et al., for posting. I nag every day. But nope.
ME: ... That was never posted.
HIM: But I'm keeping it.
ME: I never made it for you to keep, I made it so it can be posted and read.
Not meaning to be a total bitch, but I am angry. Angry, disappointed, frustrated... which is probably why I'm pretty productive with my writing today. This publication is gnawing at my insides, just seeing the state of it and the lack of support I am getting. If they can't give me an adviser, or atleast grant me official authority as one so I'll be able to create a team and post, then forget about it. I'll just practice my own writing. I don't see why I should spend futile effort in maintaining a newspaper that never had any support to begin with.
Now excuse me, while I go cry over this.
