<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8079991839760377076?origin\x3dhttp://carouselhazard.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FREAKING GIFT TO HUMANITY.
evolution spent too much time on me; what's your excuse?


wrong candidate

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm supposed to write and deliver a speech - a tribute speech for parents and mentors. The latter, I have no problems with. The former, on the other hand.. Well, to those who are in the know of my predicament; you get the picture.

If not (and you're still curious), let's just say I'm probably the most inappropriate candidate to give a tribute speech for parents; I've got issues.

I was in a pretty low mood earlier, in which I sent [Mr. Macchiato] a message stating what I mentioned above. He replied with a suggestion, that I focus on the other half - something I've already been considering.

I'm not completely heartless. I'd rather just not be hypocritical on that podium.

I might have issues, but I'm not going to flash a smile and lie through my teeth, saying what [insert heavy sarcasm here] kind/supportive/understanding/loving/whatever parents (especially one of them) I've got. Or say the truth that what I have are parents who don't talk (and bicker whenever they do) and a parent who appears to hate me, throwing everything into my face, ignores me for months (unless, of course, if it's to scream at an unsuspecting me) and could care less about what I've achieved.

And yet I do feel bad that I can't come up with anything nice to say. Not even a memory I can talk about without composing half-truths.

Heck, when I told my brother that and asked if he could write the speech since I've got nothing, he looked at me pityingly.

I'd rather not talk about the parents others have. And neither would I be willing to thank other people's parents, when I can't even bring myself to do that to mine.

I can thank the parents, in general. But I'll state it plainly that it's better if each graduate would do it themselves. It much more personal that way, after all. And they'll probably mean it more than I could ever try.

Enough self-depreciation; I have the other half to write.

leave a comment