control freak
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Close friends know I'm an extremely conflicted person. Heh. I go crazy when my workload is too heavy and when I don't have anything to do at all. And with my OJT done (and although I should be working on other things), I'm starting to feel restless, whenever I'm stuck at home.
And earlier, with my brothers playing - one on the computer, one using the Nintendo DS - I had the sudden urge to want to play something too.
I'm not much of a gamer, if RPs don't count. But there is one game I keep coming back to: The Sims.
I started playing back in 2001 with the first version of The Sims. Graphics were still iffy back then, but it was all my machine could take. I was obsessed with it. I would come back from school and start playing, pausing only for dinner or homework or for a shower. You'd notice that sleep isn't on that list. Actually, I do sleep; it's a school night, after all. But said sleep comes at 3 or 4AM. And I wake up at 6.30 for school. Nice, huh?
I remember that I get yelled at for staying up so late. My solution was that I roll up my floor rug and stuffed it under the door crack, so it'll look like the lights were off (although they were, but in a dark room, a computer is still a strong source of light).
Desperate measures.
I followed the game until The Sims Unleased was released. I stopped because I started RPing. A similarity between the two is that I control my characters, their lives and whatnot.
Yeah, I'm aGod control freak. x]
Then Sims 2 caught my eye so I gave that a try. But unfortunately, my machine could barely handle it. So I stopped after a few days. Unless it's an insane urge, I don't play Sims 2. It eats up a chunk from my HD. Whenever I do play, it only lasts for a day then I remove it from the computer. That was what my conscience was telling me earlier. I almost gave in, thinking that my poor computer isn't as strong as it used to be and it's memory is fast depleting.
Until I saw my bro's 120GB external HD sitting on my desk.
Hey, I'm only human. I get bored; I'm still getting used to all the free time.
EDIT @ 2:23AM
Bye Sims. I still have stuff to work on, after all.
Whenever I've got free time, I think I'll just play with Photoshop and Illustrator CS2.
And earlier, with my brothers playing - one on the computer, one using the Nintendo DS - I had the sudden urge to want to play something too.
I'm not much of a gamer, if RPs don't count. But there is one game I keep coming back to: The Sims.
I started playing back in 2001 with the first version of The Sims. Graphics were still iffy back then, but it was all my machine could take. I was obsessed with it. I would come back from school and start playing, pausing only for dinner or homework or for a shower. You'd notice that sleep isn't on that list. Actually, I do sleep; it's a school night, after all. But said sleep comes at 3 or 4AM. And I wake up at 6.30 for school. Nice, huh?
I remember that I get yelled at for staying up so late. My solution was that I roll up my floor rug and stuffed it under the door crack, so it'll look like the lights were off (although they were, but in a dark room, a computer is still a strong source of light).
Desperate measures.
I followed the game until The Sims Unleased was released. I stopped because I started RPing. A similarity between the two is that I control my characters, their lives and whatnot.
Yeah, I'm a
Then Sims 2 caught my eye so I gave that a try. But unfortunately, my machine could barely handle it. So I stopped after a few days. Unless it's an insane urge, I don't play Sims 2. It eats up a chunk from my HD. Whenever I do play, it only lasts for a day then I remove it from the computer. That was what my conscience was telling me earlier. I almost gave in, thinking that my poor computer isn't as strong as it used to be and it's memory is fast depleting.
Until I saw my bro's 120GB external HD sitting on my desk.
Hey, I'm only human. I get bored; I'm still getting used to all the free time.
EDIT @ 2:23AM
Bye Sims. I still have stuff to work on, after all.
Whenever I've got free time, I think I'll just play with Photoshop and Illustrator CS2.
