<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8079991839760377076?origin\x3dhttp://carouselhazard.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FREAKING GIFT TO HUMANITY.
evolution spent too much time on me; what's your excuse?


wheeee!

Friday, September 5, 2008

As mentioned before, here's my loot from dad's trip to CA last month.

Obviously, books will never be excluded from my to-buy list.
There is no such thing as having too much books, dig? Although it's a pretty expensive hobby (reading and collecting books), it's healthier than any vice out there.

I asked for four.


One book from my list is A Certain Slant of Light (Laura Whitcomb).

SYNOPSIS: Helen died 130 years ago as a young woman. Unable to enter heaven because of a sense of guilt she carried at death, she has been silent and invisible but conscious and sociable across the generations. Her spirit has been sustained by its attachment to one living human host after another, including a poet and, most recently, a high-school English teacher. While she sits through his class one day, she becomes aware of James and he–unlike the mortals all around them–is aware of her as well. James, who also died years earlier, inhabits the body of a contemporary teen, Billy. [Amazon]


Nothing wrong with reading young adult books.

Next two are from the Looking Glass Wars trilogy: Looking Glass Wars (book 1) and Seeing Redd (book 2), by Frank Beddor

SYNOPSIS: When her parents, the king and queen of Wonderland, are killed by her Aunt Redd, Alyss Heart escapes by jumping into the Pool of Tears. Her jump takes her to Victorian Oxford, where she emerges from a puddle, lives as a street urchin, and is eventually adopted by Reverend and Mrs. Liddell. Meanwhile, back in Wonderland, the Alyssians form a resistance movement and attempt to overthrow the despotic Redd. For years, Hatter Madigan searches the world for Alyss so she can return to Wonderland as Queen. [Amazon]


Yes, it's a re-telling of Alice in Wonderland. I already finished book 1. It was pretty good; albeit a fast read -- it took me a day, inclusive of pausing in between for hours to finish stuff at work. Most likely would've read it in 5 hours, tops. I only heard of the book a few days back, too. Thanks, Cy.

And the crown jewel of my hoard:



Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer)
Book 4 of the Twilight Saga


... in hardcover. A lot of mixed feelings about this book, initially from the reaction of the readers, they claim it to be cliche, impossible, disappointing... but personally, I like it. I've read this book more times than necessary. I also have the International Edition, but in paperback. Being the crazy collector that I am, I demand consistency, ergo -- the need to have a hardcover edition on my shelves, next to the other three, also in hardcover. Apparently, Jacob turned out okay. Heh.

So anyway, those are all I have for now, until the box has been opened. Will later edit my post to include other items in store for meeee. :D

Apparently, my cousin also got me new shoes:

Black bootie-inspired pumps from Jessica Simpson. 3 1/2" deathtraps heels, if you're wondering.

And the chocolates. Omgtemptationoverload. I'm supposed to be allergic to those! ... can't help but eat them anyway.


Yeah, I'm greedy. Tough.

Labels:

leave a comment