Changes everything
Sunday, September 28, 2008
HOUSE MD -- is a show I'm entirely devoted to. It often cracks me up, particularly enjoyable is the acerbic nature of Dr. Gregory House. Occasionally, however, it does give its audience human moments. Season five started two weeks ago with an ending that could make anybody feel for House, no matter how much of a bastard he is: Wilson's departure.
Imagine having only a few friends; or in House's case -- one. A confidant you trusted, who then tells you that he's leaving because of you, that he isn't sure if you two "were ever even friends" (direct quote from Wilson), despite you already saying that his friendship means more ("...than one patient's life" - House).
Nobody - no matter how cold or misanthropic - deserves the feeling of abandonment, especially when the person who abandons you is somebody (or in the worst case scenario, the only one) you obviously care a lot about.
That somebody being one whom you thought to also care about you.
Abandonment and betrayal.
That may be, but that doesn't make it fair though, does it?
It made me think because if anything, I know I'm loyal to the select few I consider to be friends. But just how much of that loyalty is returned, should the relationship be strained? How confident are you in predicting the outcome of that conflict?
I'd probably turn into a vegetable.
Just something to lose sleep over.
Wilson is packing his office, and House comes by to finally apologize for his role in Amber's death. Wilson doesn't blame him, but says he is the real reason that he is leaving the hospital. He just needs to get away from House. Wilson leaves with his packed box.- House MD, Season 5 (Episode 1)
Imagine having only a few friends; or in House's case -- one. A confidant you trusted, who then tells you that he's leaving because of you, that he isn't sure if you two "were ever even friends" (direct quote from Wilson), despite you already saying that his friendship means more ("...than one patient's life" - House).
Nobody - no matter how cold or misanthropic - deserves the feeling of abandonment, especially when the person who abandons you is somebody (or in the worst case scenario, the only one) you obviously care a lot about.
That somebody being one whom you thought to also care about you.
Abandonment and betrayal.
People get what they get; it's got nothing to do with what they deserve.- Dr. Gregory House, Season 5 (Episode 1)
That may be, but that doesn't make it fair though, does it?
It made me think because if anything, I know I'm loyal to the select few I consider to be friends. But just how much of that loyalty is returned, should the relationship be strained? How confident are you in predicting the outcome of that conflict?
I'd probably turn into a vegetable.
Just something to lose sleep over.
