<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8079991839760377076?origin\x3dhttp://carouselhazard.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

FREAKING GIFT TO HUMANITY.
evolution spent too much time on me; what's your excuse?


a pause in the silence

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I realized that I haven't touched/updated my blog since Christmas. Sadly, that's because I haven't had time to write; not with work keeping me occupied. Most of my thoughts and a rundown of happenings are housed inside Herald; it's not essential for the world to know, anyhow.

Still, if you're stalking me, here's a brief recap of what's been going on:


January 22 2009: Fazoli's
"Family" dinner at Fazoli's, Eastwood. It involved two round tables, ten children, two uncles, "Daddy" and yours truly. Oh, and countless breadsticks and drinks. Pictures too, of course. Dinner was held because I was leaving the next day. Sweet, really.


January 23-30 2009: Penang
I like my job, shitty pay aside, but if asked to pick between that and having a reunion with my bestfriends, I'd pick the latter without question. I needed a change of environment, anyhow; well away from all the politics and sharks that infest the pool. Hence the weeklong sabbatical.

Technically, I was only in Penang for five days as I spend two days on travel; one was spent in Singapore Changi Airport alone, where I killed time by reading, writing, drinking coffee and sleeping in front of the HD after my six hours at the transit hotel was up. For the record, I arrived at Changi Airport at 10:00pm on Friday (23/1) and left for KL on Saturday (24/1) at 6:00pm.

Tsk.

In Penang, I was with my BFFs for the first time since 2006. The day is spent mostly shopping, eating, and talking. Drinking and more talking takes place every evening. After that paparazzi incident on Sunday (25/1) night that flared said BFFs' tempers (-ahem-kitkat-ahem-), we discovered a better atmostphere at G-Spot (bar/lounge with Jazz music); we get a secluded corner booth, drinks and wifi -- what's to complain about (aside from the name, of course.. haha)?

Oh, and I was with my dad - who was working in Penang.

Still, I missed the kids and my husband. x]


February 2 2009: Snarks and Smiles
Back to work
... although I barely stay where I should.
... why should I?

I like the company of students better, anyhow. I find it a tad amusing that whenever I join a group of students chilling on the corridor or inside the library, most of the faculty can't ever spot me.

Who needs stress tabs? I still look like a student. xD

The only thing that keeps me sane week after week are the visits to our usual haunt (and my personal retreat). Whenever we're there, I relax. I'm me; I laugh, I play, I talk. Kids are spoiled when they're with Daddy.
Environment and company is nice too.

And so is the view, of course.

Definitely the view.

Discreet glances, knowing smiles, subtle gestures, light teasing and winking should be made punishable. xD

A smile can last for days; ask the kids.

Work hard, play harder. Nine-ball, anyone?
My turf.


February 8 2009: Out
Went out.


February 14 2009: Valentines
Wake up call.
Special delivery.
Lunch.
Bonding with the daughters.
Valentines Dinner.
Nightcap.
Sleep at 4am, Sunday morning.

Not alone.
Not moping.
Not at home (most of the day).
Not boasting.
... I simply had an excellent time.





Lately, I draw a lot.

I also read a lot. Last book I read was Mistborn: The Final Empire (Brandon Sanderson). I need new material.

Wish I could write more, though... I'll get to that soon. Sitting down to think is a must.



Overall,
I'm happier now than I ever was at any point in my life,
thanks.


Just for the record, dig?
Ü

Labels: , , , ,

leave a comment